A ventilator air cleaner is an essential item to have in your home in order to keep air from becoming stale.
There are two separate kinds of these products: local ventilators and whole-house ventilators. Both have their own way of functioning and ensuring the air in your home is kept fresh.
- Exhaust locally produced humid air, odours, gases and particles
- Are ideal for homes with workshops in the garage, basement or anywhere else, or in homes where chemicals are worked with often.
- An example is a kitchen range hood or a bathroom exhaust fan.
- Continuously exhaust a home’s entire volume of stale air.
- Bring in an equal volume of fresh air from outdoors.
- Help control humidity and dilute harmful gases, such as from insulation, press-wood furniture, carbon monoxide, cigarette smoke, etc.
- These are often sold as heat recovery ventilators or energy recovery ventilators, as they both recover some of the energy you’ve put into the air before it becomes exhausted outside.